Stand-up Comedian, Keynote Speaker, School Teacher
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
By day, Steve Brinder is a school teacher, who is loved by his students. By night, he is a brilliant stand up comedian, whose brand of wry social commentary wins over even the most hardened audiences. He has combined both careers to create the perfect marriage of humour and social commentary. His material comes directly from the class room and from the heart.
Steve Brinder’s work has won accolades from entertainment industry veterans, appearances on CBC’s “Comics!”, and at comedy festivals across North America, including the world-renowned Halifax and Winnipeg Comedy Festivals. He has also toured with Jay Leno, Jim Carey, and Howie Mandel. What makes Brinder unique among his peers is that he never gave up his day job. And that day job, as a substitute teacher, provides him with an endless stream of material, and the ability to be funny, without being mean. That makes Steve the perfect choice for corporate and association events. His humour has broad appeal, touching on school, relationships, family life and work, but it never crosses the line into offensive or gratuitous. Working from laborious research, Brinder, on stage, displays his insatiable curiosity, his sharp intelligence, and his genuine affection and respect for humanity. ‘He’s bright, touching ‘ hilarious’ says The Toronto Star. ‘Steve Brinder has the rare talent to make us laugh at ourselves’.’ Says Downtown Magazine, Rochester New York.
Television / Film / Radio
- Halifax Comedy Festival – CBC
- Winnipeg Comedy Festival – CBC
- Comics – CBC
- Evening at the Improv – A & E
- Test of Faith – Global TV
- Canada After Dark – CBC
- Not Necessarily The Opera – CBC Radio
- Madly Off In All Directions – CBC Radio
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Tales From the Class Room: The Comedy of Steve Brinder. This keynote is of course ideally suited for education groups, and he can do an entire set devoted entirely to his life as a substitute grade school teacher. He is perfect for teachers who need to hear from someone who knows what life in the classroom is like, and can help them both to laugh at the trials and tribulations of the profession, and be inspired by the impact they have on the lives of our children.
- Life is just a Further Extension of the Classroom: Lessons We Have Forgotten Along The Way. This is a keynote for any audience. Some of the very things that companies spend millions of dollars trying to train people to do, most of us already learned, and practiced daily, when we were in grade school. From the importance of listening to others, sharing what we have and being fair, to the progress we can make by paying attention to both our creative and rational sides, Steve touches on some of the most elemental truths to remind us all what it takes to be successful. With a deft touch and down-to-earth sense of humour, he is an ideal guide to the lessons that we all once learned, but have forgotten as time and responsibility have taken their toll. This talk will uplift, inspire and energize any audience.
Stage Appearances With
- Jay Leno
- Jim Carey
- Howie Mandel