Speaker Hall of Fame. Inspiration for Blockbuster Film 'Rudy'
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
Against all odds on a gridiron in South Bend, Indiana, Daniel “Rudy” Ruettiger in twenty seven seconds, carved his name into history books as perhaps the most famous graduate of the University of Notre Dame. The son of an oil refinery worker and third of 14 children, Rudy rose from valleys of discouragement and despair to the pinnacles of success. Today, he is one of the most popular motivational speakers in the United States. It took years of fierce determination to overcome obstacles and criticisms, yet Rudy achieved his first dream – to attend Notre Dame and play football for the Fighting Irish. As fans cheered RU-DY, RU-DY, he sacked the quarterback in the last 27 seconds of the only play in the only game of his college football career. He is the only player in the school’s history to be carried off the field on his teammates’ shoulders.
In 1993, TRISTAR Productions immortalized his life story with the blockbuster film, RUDY. Written and produced by Angelo Pizzo and David Anspaugh, the award-winning team who brought us HOOSIERS, the critically acclaimed RUDY received “Two Thumbs Up” from Siskel and Ebert and continues to inspire millions worldwide.
Today, a highly sought after motivational speaker, Rudy entertains international corporate audiences with a unique, passionate, and heartfelt style of communicating. He reaches school children, university students, and professional athletes with the same enthusiasm, portraying the human spirit that comes from his personal experiences of adversity and triumph. His captivating personality and powerful message of “YES I CAN” stays with his audiences forever. Rudy shares the speaking platform with great leaders and speakers including President George Bush, First Lady Barbara Bush, Peter Lowe, Joe Montana, General Colin Powell, Christopher Reeve, and Zig Ziglar. Rudy’s opening remarks receive thunderous applause and standing ovations from audiences of 200 to 20,000 people who emotionally chant RU-DY, RU-DY! A few of Rudy’s media appearances include: People Magazine, Sports Illustrated, US Magazine, Readers Digest, Inside Sports, The 700 Club, NFL Films, CBS Goodmorning, ABC Good Morning America, NBC Talk Live, Regis and Kathy Lee, Montel Williams Show, Entertainment Tonight.
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Yes I Can! Rudy will come to your organization and give his motivational presentation. Rudy’s message of overcoming obstacles and staying on track to reach your dreams will inspire your audience and bring them to their feet! Rudy’s presentation includes a video production that touches the spirit and impacts the audience with an overwhelming ‘Yes I can’ attitude.
Books and Articles
- Rudy’s Insights for Winning in Life
- Rudy’s Lessons for Young Champions
- Rudy & Friends
- Honorary Doctorate Degree from Our Lady of Holy Cross College
- The key to numerous cities across the nation along with special proclamations for his inspiration, commitment, and human spirit.
- Honorary assist to the Attorney General of Louisiana
- Distinguished American Award
- Recognition from ex-President – George W. Bush
- Recognition from the House of Representatives in the state of Texas
- Recognition at the White House
- A Proclamation from the Governor of Nevada granting an Official Rudy Award Day
- Inducted into the Speakers Hall of Fame