Dr. Mark DeVolder
The Change Specialist
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
For over a decade, Dr. Mark DeVolder has motivated and equipped thousands to navigate change, build high levels of trust and become fully engaged at work and at home. Mark DeVolder distinguishes himself as a change specialist. In 2010, Mark received the prestigious Top 5 Speaker award USA in Change Management. As an expert in the dynamics of organizational change, Mark DeVolder reveals why 70 percent of all change initiatives fail to achieve their stated goals. With straight-forward strategies and convincing business examples, Mark shows leaders how to drive results to improve the bottom line. Dr. DeVolder is known for cutting edge content, valuable take-aways, entertaining audience interaction, all illustrated by unstoppable humour and memorable stories. People leave with tools and a template to re-energize, re-engage and transform their workplace. Mark’s presentations are backed up by impressive business acumen; Dr. DeVolder has skilfully guided change management projects worth more than 500 million dollars. His success is due in part to his expertise as a mediator. Over 95% of his contracts result in signed agreements. Mark is the author of “Get Engaged! A Practical Guide for Improving Employee Engagement.” Dr. DeVolder’s client list is impressive: NASA, IBM, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Gibraltar Industries, AIG Financial, to name a few. Mark has also worked extensively with many Federal Government departments.
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Change – “Harness the Hurricane: Adapt to Extreme Change and Achieve New Heights” Change is constant, unpredictable and accelerating. Extreme change can – much like a hurricane – leave you dizzy, disoriented and dazed, as though the earth is moving under your feet. Even if you survive the storm, you know more is coming. Help is at hand. Change expert, Dr. Mark DeVolder, throws a lifeline to you, your executive team and employees with change strategies and tools he’s developed to clear away the fog. Mark equips audiences with cutting-edge principles that energize people in the midst of change. Mark’s transition model enables people to Accept and Let Go of the past and discover opportunities buried in the rubble. These simple yet profound strategies work. Mark has received rave reviews and accolades from industry leaders on four continents. Tighten your safety belts and get ready for a wild ride. During Mark’s high-energy presentation, you will: overcome deer in the headlights syndrome; defy risk aversion through Mark’s Wise-Risk approach; adapt for success through creativity, innovation and vulnerability; focus clearly with Vision-Renew to see and seize hidden gems; implement strategies to increase productivity, profitability and morale immediately. Get unstuck. Be bold. Grab the rope and harness the hurricane- today!
- Engagement – “On Fire! Energized Together” When individuals lose their spark, organizations lose their fire. This predicament has a devastating effect on productivity, profitability and company reputation. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Mark’s test-driven model of engagement equips people to identify the causes of “flame out” and recognize behaviours and leadership decisions that act as a fire extinguisher. Mark kindles the process through the pillars of engagement: clarity, competence, influence and appreciation. As relationships strengthen, trust burns brightly. Mark shows leaders how to: identify behaviors to increase engagement; re-ignite employee’s passion for teamwork, communication and innovation; build a culture of trust, loyalty and appreciation; accelerate performance and productivity. Recharge your team with Mark DeVolder’s industry-tested program. Get your employees and organization on fire.
- Trust – “Solid Gold: Create a Foundation of Trust” Trust is the most valuable intangible asset in business today. Yet we live in an increasingly suspicious world. Public trust has been eroded by high-profile scandals involving unethical behaviours, fraudulent investment schemes, covert data collection and phone hacking, to name a few. It is becoming increasingly difficult to sustain customer confidence and loyalty in a transparent world where a small mistake can become a big problem. Mark DeVolder presents a compelling business case for the ways that trust affects the bottom line: a company’s reputation, its ability to collaborate and innovate, attract and engage employees and respond quickly. At the heart of Mark’s presentation is this maxim: relationships are based on trust and business is based on relationships. You will discover how to: master essential actions that build high levels of trust; take the right action quickly to correct a misstep; recover trust and regain a client; maintain loyal relationships in business. Unlock the secret of high performing organizations by building sustainable high-trust relationships – no matter what. There’s nothing more important.
- New Safety Keynote! “Sixty to Zero in Your Workplace: Engage High-Performance Safety” Hazards and obstacles abound in the fast and frenzied pace of business today. In the rush to stay competitive, people are increasingly tempted to take short cuts and sacrifice safety. The most common barrier however is actually change itself. Some employees feel paralyzed by change, and when they feel paralyzed, they disengage. Without the ability or capacity to change, accidents can happen. Mark DeVolder’s proven transition model enables people to accept new practices and let go of the unsafe past. As people become Change Ready their level of engagement rises. DeVolder supports this progression with his easy to apply strategy increase clarity, competence, influence and appreciation. During Mark’s high-performance presentation, you will learn how to: get change-right and change-ready defy change paralysis through Mark’s mobilized for safety approach significantly reduce risk of accidents and liability identify behaviours that enhance engagement implement strategies to increase productivity, motivation and safety Empower your employees to achieve “target zero.”
Awards and Designations
- In 2010, Mark received the prestigious Top 5 Speaker award USA in Change Management