Dr. Charles Petty
Award-winning, world-class motivational speaker
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
Dr. Charles Petty, a professional motivational speaker, was reared in the farming communities of England and Stuttgart, Arkansas. As a native of Arkansas he does indeed know President Clinton. In fact, when President Clinton was eleven or twelve years old, Dr. Petty was his rifle instructor at a Boy Scout camp! This is the man who taught the President to shoot straight!
Charles learned about the importance of family from the school of hard knocks. His parents divorced when he was six. His mother died three years later and he then lived in a blended family. When he was sixteen his father and younger brother were killed in a car accident. He lived by himself for a year and then became a foster child.
He learned about family formally and was educated in Arkansas, Mississippi and Texas for 22 consecutive years – which means he is either well educated or a little slow! Dr. Petty has been a counselor, visiting professor, on the staffs of large corporations in Texas and North Carolina, and for seven years was on the senior staff of the North Carolina Governor. He is founder and President of Family Success Unlimited, and since 1985, all he does is “eat and speak”.
Invite award-winning, world-class professional motivational speaker
Dr. Charles Petty to be part of your next program. You and your audience will be glad you did!
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- Each presentation is tailored to meet the needs of the audience, with the mix of humor, motivation and message depending upon the objective of the program. He uses humor in every presentation because he believes audiences learn better if they are enjoying themselves. Profound truths are packaged in humor! Laugh! Learn!
- “Climbing The Ladder of Success AND Taking Your Family With You”Hilarious insights on how to take care of family while taking care of business. Dr. Petty (1) helps audiences understand the impact of family relationships upon job performance, (2) shares some principles that help achieve success in balancing one’s job and family, and (3) motivates people to put these principles into practice. Perfect for all groups and especially when guests/spouses are in the audience.
- “Roaring Fires, Flickering Flames, Dying Embers Or Cold Ashes?”Some people have an enthusiasm for life, family and work. Others just go through the motions, dislike what they do, or constantly look for a new job or relationship. This presentation focuses on the importance of maintaining energy and purpose in one’s life and work, and suggests some ways to achieve and maintain a healthy productivity. Helps managers, sales people and employees to “keep the fires going.”
- “Ambush At The Generation Gap” This presentation examines the difference in mind-sets of each generation, the origin of mind-sets, and the implications these mind-sets have for business and industry, as well as for one’s personal and professional lives. The premise is that one does not manage people or sell goods or services but rather manages/sells mind sets. Profound truths are packaged in humor. Audiences laugh and learn.
- “Winning Communities Are Made Of These: Strong Economy, Caring Volunteers And Stable Families” This humorous presentation highlights the three areas necessary for every great community: strong economy, caring volunteers and stable families. Dr. Petty affirms the role of the Chamber in each of these areas. Especially appropriate at annual meetings.
- “Educators: Shapers Of The Dream” Dr. Petty presents hilarious insights on how to help students achieve their dreams. The purpose of this presentation is to (1) remind participants of the impact educators have upon students, (2) share some principles that help empower students, and (3) motivate/inspire educators to put these principles into practice. Serious career and life-changing message packaged in funny stories and illustrations.