Focus on the 90%, Award Winning Entrepreneur
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
Darci has been invited to speak to numerous government departments, conferences, staff functions and development days. She shares an easy to apply message that relates to all. The message is simple; you have a choice when it comes to your attitude, professionally and personally. The choices you make effect yourself and your team. A positive attitude is the foundation of Darci’s success. She has owned and operated three separate companies, worked with others and managed many different people. As past owner of the award winning Mallabar Tuxedo Rentals in Regina, Darci understands that working effectively within an area or unit requires you to work on yourself first. As the demand increased for Darci to tell her personal story of turning business into success she turned to professional speaking and training ‘ her third business endeavor. She then started to share her ‘Focusing on the 90%’ message and others wanted to hear about her life story as well. She has been speaking and training for over 17 years. Darci is proud to call Regina home. She is wife to Darren and mom to Jayda and John. Her dedication and entrepreneurial skill have paid off. She is now a Best Selling author with her book ‘Focus on the 90%’. One simple tool to change the way you view your life.’ Darci has won The Saskatchewan Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award and an Achieving Business Excellence (ABEX) Award. She was a finalist in the Canadian Woman of the Year Award and a three-time nominee for the nationally recognized Entrepreneur and Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards. She is truly someone who walks the talk.
Keynotes and Speaking Topics
- “Focus on the 90%: One simple tool to change the way you view your life” – Darci will ask one simple question throughout her humorous and thought-provoking presentation. Where do you focus your magnifying glass, on the 90% that is positive in your life or the 10% that is not? The message is simple; you have a choice when it comes to your attitude, professionally and personally. The choices you make affect yourself and your team. Darci will challenge the audience with the fact that we do have a choice in how we view our lives. This idea of seeing the positives in their lives is something that we all know works. We know we should do it more but the ultimate challenge is ‘ are we doing it? And if we aren’t, how can we start to see our lives in a more positive way?
Books and Articles
- Focus on the 90%: One simple tool to change the way you view your life
Awards and Designations
- Saskatchewan Women Entrepreneur of the Year – Winner
- The ABEX Awards (Outstanding Business Excellence) – Winner 1996, and three time finalist
- Canadian Women Entrepreneur of the Year – Finalist
- YWCA Women of Distinction – Finalist
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Finalist four times