CFL Three Time Grey Cup Champion and Hall of Famer
If you are interested in me for your event send a message.
Find out my availability, price, and additional information to help you decide.Send Message
The diminutive Cahoon was one of the most popular players ever in Montreal red, white and blue. The gritty little receiver who combined with quarterback Anthony Calvillo to set Canadian Football League records. Ben Cahoon spent his entire career with the Montreal Alouettes. Cahoon was born in Utah to Canadian parents and spent part of his childhood living in various Alberta towns, which was enough to give him non-import status. That likely was why a smaller-than-average, not terribly fast receiver got a chance to play in the CFL. But once he got in the game, he proved himself quickly.
Ben Cahoon stands only 5'9”, but is able to bench press 225 lbs 19 times. He is also considered to be one of the greatest slotbacks ever, and was nominated with Anthony Calvillo for the CFL Greatest QB-WR Combo of All Time.
On January 26, 2011, Ben Cahoon announced his retirement. At the time of his retirement after the 2010 season, Cahoon ranked sixth overall in career receiving yards making a then-record 1,017 catches for 13,296 yards in his 13 seasons, many of them in heavy traffic over the middle. He is also the all-time leading receiver in Grey Cup history with 46 receptions and 658 receiving yards. He played in eight Grey Cup games, winning three.
In 2014, he was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame. On July 29, 2016, his number 86 was retired by the Montreal Alouettes.
- Grey Cup Champion 2002, 2009, 2010
- Grey Cup Most Valuable Canadian in both 2002 and 2009
- All-time leading receiver in Grey Cup history with 46 receptions and 658 receiving yards.
- CFL All-Star 1999, 2004, 2008
- CFL East All-Star 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009
- CFL Most Outstanding Canadian 2002, 2003
- Nine 1,000 yard receiving seasons, including a streak of eight straight.Receptions in a career in the CFL,
- 2008, Cahoon broke Peter Dalla Riva's record for most touchdowns ever by an Alouette receiver
- Records at the time: Receptions by a Canadian receiver in a career; Receptions by a Canadian receiver in a season; Receptions in a career (1,017).
- 2014, he was inducted into the Canadian Football Hall of Fame
- On July 29, 2016, his number 86 was retired by the Montreal Alouettes.